They say that cats have 9 lives...well, Mazi must be half cat. Here is her story:
1. When we went to pick out a puppy we had one in our hands ready to go and at the last second we decided on her..if you saw the place we bought her you would know we really did save her life that day...
2. When she was a puppy she had a weird growth on her tail...
3. The day after we brought her home we had to rush her to the vet..she wouldn't eat, she couldn't walk...
4. The vet told us we would have to put her to sleep so we decided to get a second opinion
5. Bradley ran over her with the toy jeep Mike's mom gave them.
6. While we were out of town our neighbors were watching her and they went to check on her and they found her not responding and had to rush her to the vet..they believe she had a allergic reaction to a bug bite.
7. While my niece was here this summer we started looking for Mazi and couldn't find her anywhere..as we started thinking about the last time we saw her, Kelsey remembered seeing her under the recliner when Mike had his legs up...I ran over to the chair and sure enough she was closed up in the chair..she had to have been there for at least an hour..she never made a sound.
8. Twice she has gotten a plate full of chocolate chip cookies off the counter and eaten them and she also found a chocolate candy bar in Mike's mom's purse and ate it...Dogs aren't suppose to have chocolate.
9. We can't keep her in our yard..she digs out..we put bricks and she knocks them over....everyone on our streets knows her and they've all saved her multiple times..usually when she gets out someone finds her pretty quick..but yesterday she got out while we were at church and the kids found her collar in the back yard...she was gone all night...so this morning I put signs out and called the animal shelter but then around 2:00 I was painting (I post pictures later..) and I heard her beagle howl...I ran outside and there she was. She looked pretty wild. There is no telling where she had been but somehow she found her way home. She slept the rest of the day.:)
Even though she drives me crazy most of the time and she keeps running away and chewing everything up...I still really like her. She fits in well with our family and I am glad she made her way back home...let's just hope she'll decide to stay.:)
2 comments:
Glad Mazi made her way back home. I found the sweetest message on our answering machine from Ena. It melted my heart. :)
That sounds like a crazy dog.
Post a Comment