Thursday, April 7, 2011

Baby B


"The baby grew. She grew and She grew and She grew. She grew until she was a 17 months old, and she ran all around the house. She pulled all the books off the shelves. She pulled all the food out of the refrigerator and took her mother's watch and flushed it down the toilet. Sometimes her mother would say, "this kid is driving me CRAZY!"
But at night time, when that 17month old was quiet, she opened the door to her room, crawled across the floor, looked up over the side of her bed, and if she was really asleep she picked her up and rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.While she rocked her she sang:
I'll love you forever.
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be"
"Love You Forever" is one of my favorite books and definitely describes how I feel right now with this beautiful little girl. I am picking up pulled out books daily, as soon as the refrigerator door opens she comes running to try to rearrange everything, and though she hasn't flushed my watch down the toilet I have had to clean up a whole roll of unraveled toilet paper more than once.:) Today she snuck upstairs while the rest of us were downstairs..I wasn't too worried because I knew that the bathroom door and my room door were closed and everything else is pretty baby friendly but I asked Bradley to go check on her..she had pulled Ena's dresser doors out perfectly to make little stairs and had climbed up and was on top knocking all of Ena things over! Even though the crazy moments are the craziest the sweet moments are the sweetest. She gives the best kisses and just started holding my hand when she walks. Lately she has started singing as I rock her and she is the best snuggler. At night I love rocking her and I often thank her for being mine.:) One of Mike's and my favorite new thing she does is the "where'd it go??" hands.:) We love this girl!

2 comments:

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Thanks for making me cry!!! She's a cutie!!! :)

Heather said...

It's one of my favorite books too. She is adorable!