Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Trip to Kansas

Mike had some business to do in his home town so we decided to make it a family trip and go visit his parents. We headed up there last Wednesday night and got to spend time with his dad and mom. We had a great time visiting with them.

We spent a couple of days with Harv and Judy while Mike had appointments. Grandpa helped Ena ride her first big bike. She would run into things and turn to me and say "that's OK mommy" with a big smile.:)
Bradley had a fever Thursday morning and so he laid in bed not feeling too well most of the day. So while I was taking care of him Grandpa and Grandma entertained little Ena.:)Before we left I checked the weather so we could be prepared..it had highs in the 50s and one day in the 40s so to our surprise we woke up Saturday morning at Mike's mom's house with 2 inches of snow on the ground and it was still falling. The kids thought it was so cool. So we hung out in our Pj's and ate a warm yummy breakfast.:)I think this picture is sooo cute of Judy's dogs. They posed perfect..even in size order.:)

Saturday afternoon we headed back to Mike's Dad and met my sister Ginger and her family there. Ginger just found out she is pregnant and so I brought her some maternity clothes. It was fun to see her and her family.:)

The kids had fun stacking old yogurt containers and then knocking them down.
Saturday night Mike and I went to the movies. It was 16 degrees outside...ahhhh! I don't handle cold very well so I was pretty sure I was going to freeze to death! It helped to remind me one of the reasons I love living in the south!

We left Sunday afternoon and headed back home...but before we left I had to get this cute picture of Bradley and Grandpa in their matching hoodies.:)

1 comment:

The Chambers Family said...

Looks like a super fun trip. I would love to see some snow. This is our first year here that we haven't had a little snow. I really miss it.