Since I could remember, Mike and I always said we wanted 4 kids. And 4 was good and crazy. But we decided to pray..at first I kept praying "Is our family complete?" I got nothing. Then all of a sudden I decided to change my question to "Is there another baby that's suppose to be in our family?" And that's when I felt that we weren't done..less than a month later we found out we were pregnant with Brinley. :)
Lately I've noticed that having a 5th "bonus" baby is such a blessing in ways I didn't realize it would be. I knew I'd love her and wouldn't be able to imagine life with out her and be so happy that she was a part of our family. But there are things that I didn't realize. I didn't realize how much better she would make all of us..especially her siblings. They are so kind and patient with her. They think she is adorable and she ADORES them and they love that she adores them!
I think with Bradley and Ena I tried hard to enjoy it but is goes by so fast and then with Brelyn and Ella being so close in age I was just trying to survive. It's kind of a blur. Brinley helps bring back all the sweet memories of my little ones that I would have forgotten..like how she throws all of her blankets and toys from the crib and then loves when I come in and hand each one back to her just like all of her siblings use to. How she holds my hand like Bradley and Ena use to. How she loves when her hand pops through her sleeve like Ena use to. How her hair is getting those cute baby curls like Brelyn use to have. How she sings to herself in a sweet high voice like Ella use to. How she cries when the kids go to school..just like Ena did when Bradley first went to school. How she walks on her tip toes like Ella and Ena use to. How she wants to hang with the big kids like Brelyn use to. All the "uh ohs!" and "Where'd it goes?" It's fun to kinda relive those sweet moments with her and be able to remember and share those memories with my kids. :)
When there was just 4 I would think ahead of how Brelyn would go off to college and then just a year later Brielle would leave..it would be almost like I'd lose two at once and then I'd be an empty nester. :/ Now I get Brinley for an extra 3 years..and I am so glad I'll have a few more years with a kid at home.
She brings a lot of joy to our family! I am so grateful I get to be her mommy!
Oh how we love our sweet Brinley Lu!


No comments:
Post a Comment