Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Walk to Remember

October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Month and there is a special day set aside on October 15th known as Remembrance Day. My little sister, Abby, asked each of us to walk with her to honor and remember the little lives that have been lost. Even though I couldn't walk next to her I still wanted to be there for her so Ena, Brelyn and I walked at the same time that Abby and my mom were walking. As I walked I thought of each of my family and friends who have lost little ones. It was a beautiful morning and sweet time to think of those precious little ones who have touched our lives.


 
 
These are my footprints,
so perfect and so small.
These tiny footprints
never touched the ground at all.
Not one tiny footprint,
... for now I have wings.
These tiny footprints were meant
for other things.
You will hear my tiny footprints,
in the patter of the rain.
Gentle drops like angel's tears,
of joy and not from pain.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in each butterflies' lazy dance.
I'll let you know I'm with you,
if you just give me the chance.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in the rustle of the leaves.
I will whisper names into the wind,
and call each one that grieves.
Most of all, these tiny footprints,
are found on Mommy and Daddy's hearts.
'Cause even though I'm gone now,
We'll never truly part.

1 comment:

Marsha McKneely Ault said...

I love that poem. That was so sweet that you walked when me and abby were walking. love you ally kay.