Friday, April 3, 2009

April Fool's Day...

..is Mike's favorite holiday. He loves playing jokes. :) I woke up to find this in Bradley's bed..
Mike had waited for me to go to bed the night before and then went in and got Bradley's pj's off and put him in Ena's bed and then stuffed his pj's with towels. He left a little note under the pillow for me..For the past two years we've called our parents on April Fool's Day and told them we were pregnant when we really weren't and they've fallen for it..so this year we planned to do it again except we thought it would be even better since we really are pregnant!! We thought it would be funny to keep them wondering if it was true! Now that they know, I think they are really excited!
I think our new little one is going to be a lot like their dad when it comes to playing tricks on people. The first test I took was negative..a few days later I took another one but the 2nd line was sooo light you could barely see it..the 3rd test was a little darker..so the 4th test we decided to go digital. We watched the hour glass blink until the word "pregnant" came on the screen.:)

We took Bradley and Breanna out for ice cream on Monday night to let them know. Breanna didn't seem to really understand but I don't think I've ever seen Bradley so excited. He said "this is the best day of my life! I can't believe you really have a baby in your tummy! Is your tummy going to be big tomorrow?!?" and my favorite was "your tummy is so little I can't believe there is a baby in there!":) Tonight when he said prayer he said "Thank you Thank you Thank you for the new baby in Mommy's tummy!" He is such a sweet boy! I couldn't have asked for a better reaction. Our new little one will be blessed with the best big brother and big sister!

10 comments:

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Congrats!!!! I wished I hadn't forgotten to bring you some maternity clothes!!!!

Mar~ said...

Congratulations!!

That is exciting news, no foolin'... :)

The Chambers Family said...

Congratulations!!! That Bradley is such a cute kids.

The Bright Family said...

Mike is just plain mean. (the stuffed Bradley incident) Congratulations on the new little girl!!! (my prediction)

Becky said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting! I feel like everyone around me is preggo! There must be something in the water for sure!

Mindy said...

Nice trick Mike! Again, congrats on the pregnancy! I'm so excited for you guys!

Josh said...

I just found out you were with child!! Thanks for letting your brother know. Congrads!

gretchen said...

Congratulations! I absolutely love Bradley's reaction. What a sweet kid you have!

Chinoville said...

Yay!! Congrats Ally and family! Your kids are so cute. We really miss you guys.

Holly said...

Congrats!! That is such a cute reaction from little BRADLEY!! We are happy for you! ; )